Things To Do in Tampa
Looking for fun things to do in Tampa, FL? The attorneys at Sammis Law Firm created a list of their favorite things to do in the city.
Although everyone knows about Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium, we’ve listed a few other stops you can’t miss.
- Dinner at Bern’s Steak House – Although reservations should be booked months in advance, you can always show up at 4:30 p.m. for your best chance to sit at the bar. Enjoy the cheese crackers, french onion soup, and steak sandwich. After dinner, enjoy a tour of the wine room before you head upstairs to the dessert room. Ask to sit at the piano bar.
- Ybor City – Spend the day exploring Ybor City located just northeast of downtown. Recognized as one of the “10 Great Streets in America,” the main commercial thoroughfare, 7th Avenue, provides food, shopping, and culture.
- Water Taxi Tour – the Hillsborough River cuts through downtown Tampa. Use a downtown water taxi to enjoy the stops along the Tampa RiverWalk. Visit the attractions, museums, restaurants, and the park along the way. Use the taxi to drop you off outside of Ulele or one of the restaurants at Armature Works.
- Picnic at Picnic Island – If you have children or are young at heart, plan a picnic at Picnic Island. Enjoy the sandy playground, sand volleyball court, and the disc golf course. Bring your dog to the dog beach is located near the boat ramp and pier.
- Fishing on the Pier at Ballast Point Park – Enjoy mingling with the locals while you fish on the 600-foot pier at Ballast Point Park. Located on the east coast of South Tampa, you can rent all of the fishing equipment at the bait shop in the park. The park also has a shaded splash park, playground, picnic areas, and gazebo. Enjoy an impressive view of downtown Tampa. For lunch, enjoy the clam chowder at the “Taste of Boston” restaurant.
- Go for a Walk on the Bayshore Boulevard – Claimed to be the longest continuous sidewalk in the world, take the 4.5 mile walk along the 10 foot-wide sidewalk that starts on the north at the Columbus Statue Park at Platt Street and ends at Gandy Boulevard. Enjoy the scenic views of downtown Tampa and the water on one side and the historic homes on the other.
Have ideas for things we should add to the list? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article was last updated on Friday, May 7, 2020.