Things To Do in Tampa
Looking for fun things to do in Tampa, FL? The attorneys at Sammis Law Firm created a list of their favorite things to do in the city.
Although everyone knows about Busch Gardens and the Florida Aquarium, we’ve listed a few other stops you can’t miss.
Remember not to drink and drive. Arrange your transportation in advance.
Unique things to do in Tampa for adults:
- Dinner at Bern’s Steak House –
- Although reservations should be booked months in advance, you can always show up at 4:30 p.m. for your best chance to sit in the bar area, which provides seating on a first-come-first-serve basis. The french onion soup and steak sandwich never disappoint. After dinner, enjoy a tour of the wine room before you head upstairs to the dessert room.
- Shopping in Hyde Park Village –
- Enjoy a day of shopping at this outdoor destination in the heart of historic Tampa.
- Ybor City –
- Spend the day exploring Ybor City, located just northeast of downtown. Recognized as one of the “10 Great Streets in America,” the main commercial thoroughfare and 7th Avenue provides food, shopping, and culture. Have dinner at the Columbia Restaurant, the oldest restaurant in Florida. Founded in 1905, the restaurant has remained family-owned for five generations.
Things to do in Tampa with or without the kids:
- Water Taxi Tour –
- The Hillsborough River cuts through downtown Tampa. Use a downtown water taxi to enjoy the stops along the Tampa RiverWalk. Visit the attractions, museums, restaurants, and park. Use the taxi to drop you off at Ulele or one of the restaurants at Armature Works.
- Picnic at Picnic Island –
- Plan a picnic at Picnic Island to see the views. Enjoy the sandy playground, sand volleyball court, and disc golf course. Bring your dog to the dog beach near the boat ramp and pier.
- Fishing on the Pier at Ballast Point Park –
- Enjoy mingling with the locals while you fish on the 600-foot pier at Ballast Point Park. Located on the east coast of South Tampa, you can rent all of the fishing equipment at the bait shop in the park. The park has a shaded splash park, playground, picnic areas, and gazebo. Enjoy an impressive view of downtown Tampa. For lunch, enjoy the clam chowder at the “Taste of Boston” restaurant.
- Go for a Walk on Bayshore Boulevard –
- Walk on the longest continuous sidewalk in the world. The 10 foot-wide sidewalk covers more then 4.5 miles starting on the north at the Columbus Statue Park at Platt Street and ending at Gandy Boulevard. Enjoy the scenic views of downtown Tampa and the water on one side and the historic homes on the other.
Have ideas for things we should add to the list?
Submit this form to request a free and confidential consultation with one of our attorneys.