Felony Judges in Hillsborough County
The jurisdiction of the felony division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit in Hillsborough County, FL, includes felonies and all misdemeanors arising out of the same circumstances as a felony.
Sixteen (16) judges are assigned to the felony division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit which includes three (3) judges in trial divisions. The felony division also includes judges in Circuit Court in specialized divisions for:
- Drug Court
- Post Conviction Relief
- Violation of Probation
The specialized division for Sex and Child Abuse Offenses was recently dissolved and those cases were reassigned randomly to the other judges in the felony division.
Within 24 hours after an arrest for a felony, the person taken into custody who does not immediately post bond, will attend a first appearance hearing at the courthouse in Tampa, FL. Cases involving juveniles being charged with a crime are heard in the Juvenile Delinquency Division.
While felony cases are handled by Circuit Court Judges, misdemeanors and local ordinance violations are decided by county court judges in Hillsborough County.
Attorneys for Felony Cases in Tampa, FL
If you are charged with a felony criminal offense in Tampa, FL, then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at the Sammis Law Firm. We represent clients charged with a wide range of criminal offenses including serious felony cases and violations of probation or community control in the Circuit Courts.
This article explains how you can find more information about the Circuit Court Judges in the Criminal Division at the courthouse in Tampa, FL. Let us put our experience to work for you.
Types of Felony Cases in Tampa, FL
Cases decided by judges in the felony division any crimes against person or property that are classified as felonies including:
- capital murder
- noncapital murder
- sexual offenses
- worthless checks
Felony Judges for Criminal Cases in Hillsborough County, FL
From time to time, the judges are moved to different divisions according to administrative orders issued by the chief judge. Currently, the judges assigned to the criminal division in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit in Hillsborough County, FL, include:
- Trial Division 1 - Michelle D. SISCO, 102 Annex, courtroom 10
- Trial Division 2 - Christopher C. SABELLA, 516 Annex, courtroom 51A3
- Trial Division 3 - Samantha L. WARD, 540 Annex, courtroom 55S
- Violation of Probation - Division K - SENIOR Judges, 132 Annex 19
- Veterans Treatment Court - Division V - Michael J. SCIONTI, 515 Annex, courtroom 52A
- Mental Health - Division M - Ronald FICARROTTA, 602 Edgecomb, courtroom 53A
- Post Conviction Relief - Division J - Michelle D. SISCO, 102 Annex, courtroom 10
- Division A - Judge Nick NAZARETIAN - 317 Annex, courtroom 30
- Division B - Mark R. WOLFE, 615 Annex, courtroom 62
- Division C - Christopher C. NASH, 427 Annex, courtroom 18
- Division D - Tom BARBER, 226 Annex, courtroom 16
- Division E - Mark D. KISER - 616 Annex, courtroom 61
- Division F - Kimberly K. FERNANDEZ, 506 Annex, courtroom 54S
- Division G - Vivian T. CORVO, 227 Annex, courtroom 14
- Division I - Laura E. WARD, 617 Annex, courtroom 15
This article was last updated on Tuesday, May 15, 2018.