Judges in Felony Cases in Hillsborough County
COVID-19 Update: The Circuit Courts in Hillsborough County, FL, recently published a list of Zoom Meeting ID numbers and passwords for each judge and division. You can use the information in this article to visit the courtrooms remotely using a computer or cell phone.
Most courtroom proceedings are occurring remotely on Zoom. No jury trials will be scheduled until October 17, 2020, or later, as the court transitions into Phase 2. The courts are open for personal appearances in some types of proceedings including first appearance court, emergency bond hearings, essential and mission-critical proceedings, risk protection order hearings (and some other mental health proceedings), and some injunction for protection hearings.
The jurisdiction of the felony division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit in Hillsborough County, FL, includes felonies and all misdemeanors arising out of the same circumstances as a felony. Sixteen (16) judges are assigned to the felony division of the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit which includes three (3) judges in trial divisions. The felony division also includes judges in Circuit Court in specialized divisions for:
- Drug Court;
- Post Conviction Relief; and
- Violation of Probation.
The specialized division for Sex and Child Abuse Offenses was recently dissolved and those cases were reassigned randomly to the other judges in the felony division.
Within 24 hours after an arrest for a felony, the person taken into custody who does not immediately post bond will attend a first appearance hearing at the courthouse in Tampa, FL. Cases involving juveniles being charged with a crime are heard in the Juvenile Delinquency Division.
While felony cases are handled by Circuit Court Judges, misdemeanors and local ordinance violations are decided by county court judges in Hillsborough County.
Attorneys for Felony Cases in Tampa, FL
If you are charged with a felony criminal offense in Tampa, FL, then contact an experienced criminal defense attorney at the Sammis Law Firm.
Our attorneys represent clients charged with a wide range of criminal offenses including serious felony cases and violations of probation or community control in the Circuit Courts in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit in Hillsborough County, FL.
At Sammis Law Firm, our four attorneys pay particular attention to the procedures used in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit. This article explains how you can find more information about the Circuit Court Judges in the Criminal Division at the courthouse in Tampa, FL.
Let us put our experience to work for you. Call 813-250-0500.
Felony Judges for Circuit Court in Hillsborough County, FL
From time to time, the judges are moved to different divisions according to administrative orders issued by the chief judge. Currently, the judges assigned to the criminal division in the Thirteenth Judicial Circuit in Hillsborough County, FL, include:
- Division A – The Honorable Barbara Twine Thomas, 344 Annex, courtroom 33
- https://zoom.us/j/6562047464 ID: 656-204-7464 PW: 1908
- Division B – The Honorable Lyann Goudie
- Division C – The Honorable Christine A. Marlewski
- Division D – The Honorable Michael S. Williams, 226 Annex, courtroom 16
- https://zoom.us/j/2870234831 ID: 287-023-4831 PW: Not Required
- Division E – The Honorable Mark D. Kiser, 616 Annex, courtroom 61
- https://zoom.us/j/6676413743 ID: 667-641-3743 PW: Not Required
- Division F – The Honorable Kimberly K. Fernandez, 506 Annex, courtroom 54S
- https://zoom.us/j/37770774721 ID: 377-707-4721 PW: Not Required
- Division G – The Honorable Melissa M. Polo, 228 Annex, courtroom 14
- https://zoom.us/j/91889856624 call JA for password at 272-7139 ID: 918-8985-6624 PW:
- Division I – The Honorable Laura E. Ward, 617 Annex, courtroom 15
- https://zoom.us/j/9880123461 ID: 988-012-3461 PW: Not Required
- Division J – Post Conviction Relief – The Honorable Michelle D. Sisco, 102 Annex, courtroom 10
- Division K – Violation of Probation – The Honorable Nick Nazaretian, 132 Annex, courtroom 19
- https://zoom.us/j/3769915070 ID: 376-991-5070 PW: Not Required
- Division M – Mental Health – The Honorable Chief Judge Ronald Ficarrotta, 602 Edgecomb, courtroom 53A
- For meeting ID contact Kim Carlton: email@example.com ID: PW:
- Division N – Mental Health – Risk Protection Orders – The Honorable Frances M. Perrone
- Division O – First Appearance Court – The Honorable Judge Catlin
- https://zoom.us/j/4974569011 ID: 497-456-9011 PW: Not Required
- Division V – Veterans Treatment Court – The Honorable Michael J. Scionti, 515 Annex, courtroom 52A
- https://zoom.us/j/9443985551 (Veterans Treatment Court) ID: 944-398-5551 PW: 739608
Division W and Z – The Honorable Jack Espinosa, Jr. – Drug Court – PTI and Marchman Act
Division Y – Drug Court Division – The Honorable Elizabeth G. Rice
- https://zoom.us/j/99902486065 ID: 999-0248-6065 PW: Not Required
Trial Division 1 – The Honorable Michelle D. Sisco, 102 Annex, courtroom 10
- Trial Division 2 – The Honorable Christopher C. Sabella, 516 Annex, courtroom 51A3
- Trial Division 3 – The Honorable Samantha L. Ward, 540 Annex, courtroom 55S
Cases decided by judges in the felony division include any crimes against person or property that are classified as a felony including:
- capital murder;
- noncapital murder;
- sexual offenses;
- fraud; and
- worthless checks.
This article was last updated on Tuesday, January 5, 2020.