Jason D. Sammis
Sammis Law Firm, P.A.
1005 N. Marion St.
Tampa, FL 33602
Phone: (813) 250-0500
Fax: (813) 276-1600
Jason D. Sammis is a shareholder with the Sammis Law Firm, P.A., who focuses exclusively on DUI and other serious criminal accusations. Jason Sammis grew up in Tampa and graduated high school from the Berkeley Preparatory School in Tampa. After completing his undergraduate degree at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, he graduated from the University of Florida College of Law in Gainesville in 1999.
As a member of the Hillsborough County Bar Association, the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL), the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL), and the NORML Legal Committee, Jason Sammis is able to stay current changes in Florida law that impact the practice of criminal defense.
Jason D. Sammis is admitted to practice law in the State of Florida and the State of Georgia. He is a member of the United States District Courts for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida, the United States Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and Eleventh Circuit, and the United States District Courts for the Northern and Middle District of Georgia.
Education and Experience
While in law school at the University of Florida, Jason was a member of the prestigious Florida Law Review. Jason Sammis was also a member of the Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Board where he competed in state and national competitions. Jason was also elected the Vice-Chair and then Chair of the Moot Court Board.
By focusing on drunk driving and DUI defense in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Jason is able to concentrate on innovative motions that win drunk driving cases.
Areas Of Practice:
- Driving Under the Influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- DUI Cases Involving a Refusal to Submit to a Chemical Test
- DUI Cases Involving a Breath, Blood or Urine Test Result;
- Felony DUI Cases Such as DUI with Serious Bodily Injury;
- Other Serious Driving Offenses; and
- Violation of DUI Probation Cases in Tampa, Hillsborough County, FL.
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Lifetime Member, NORML Legal Committee
- Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Board, 1999, Chair
- Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Board, 1998, Vice-Chair for Intermurals
- Phi Delta Phi – Cardozo Inn of Court
- State Bar of Florida, 1999
- State Bar of Georgia, 2002
- United States District Court, Middle District of Florida, 1999
- United States District Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2000
- United States District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2000
- United States District Court, Northern District of Georgia, 2003
- United States District Court, Middle District of Georgia, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2005