If you were arrested for driving under the influence (“DUI”) in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, contact an experienced DUI Attorney in Tampa to discuss your case.
Call 813-250-0500 for a free, confidential consultation that can be scheduled today over the phone or in the office.
During your initial consultation, you can speak with an experienced DUI lawyer to discuss your case’s facts and circumstances. During the consultation, you can learn more about how the criminal laws in Florida apply to your case.
We can help you determine which DUI defenses can be used in your case to fight the charges. Under Florida’s criminal laws, DUI defenses can include the following:
- The breath test was not maintained in substantial compliance with the administrative rules;
- The refusal to submit to a breath test occurred before an arrest;
- The prosecutor improperly issues a subpoena for medical records for blood test results;
- Exclusion of defendant’s statements because of the accident report privilege or the failure to read Miranda warnings;
- Motion to suppress an illegal stop which might include a DUI sobriety checkpoint;
- Motion to suppress evidence gathered as a result of a prolonged detention;
- Motion to suppress evidence gathered after an arrest made without probable cause of impairment, driving, or being in actual physical control;
- Police misconduct;
- Statute of limitations;
- Speedy trial violation;
- Insufficient Evidence; and
- Speedy Trial Violation.
Numerous defenses exist under Florida law for Driving Under the Influence cases, including DUI cases with a breath test result over 0.08, DUI refusal cases, and felony DUI cases.
For a first DUI offense, you might be eligible for the DUI RIDR program in Hillsborough County. If you complete RIDR’s enhanced conditions, your DUI will be reduced to reckless driving with a withhold of adjudication. As a result, you might be eligible to seal the entire criminal history record.
If you were arrested for DUI in Tampa, Hillsborough County, Florida, contact a DUI criminal defense attorney to discuss your case at 813-250-0500.
During your initial consultation, your attorney can tell you how various Florida DUI defenses and criminal laws may affect the outcome of your case.
Contact a Tampa DUI attorney focusing on DUI cases in Tampa and Plant City in Hillsborough County, Bartow in Polk County, St. Petersburg and Clearwater in Pinellas County, New Port Richey and Dade City in Pasco County, and Brooksville in Hernando County.
This article was last updated on Thursday, May 25, 2023.